- Repeat prescriptions may be ordered online, via the fax line, by post or by dropping your repeat slip into the practice
- Please send or hand in the side slips with the appropriate boxes ticked.
- Please allow 5 full working days for the request to be processed and the prescription dispensed. We will endeavour to dispense the repeat prescription is less time but this is not guaranteed
- By arrangement, your medicine can be collected from Branch Surgeries
- If you want to order prescriptions ONLINE, you will need to set up an account on Patient Access (you can do this by clicking on the prescription box on the Home page and register. Once you have registered, all you need to do is sign in each time)
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
- HRT PPC costs £19.30
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website